The Raspberry Pi is a single-board computer that has been taking the world by storm. Through its versatile software compatibility and wide range of accessories, it makes “physical computing” fun and practical. In this program, we will:
– Explore the hardware and software of the Raspberry Pi
– Discover the basics of electronics, circuits, physical inputs and outputs
– Create computer programs that interact with the physical world!
Visual programming is way to create computer programs by arranging graphical blocks and symbols instead of typing in large amounts of text. It lets students learn the fundamentals of coding in a fun and engaging manner. In this program, we will:
- Explore the fundamentals of using Scratch to create art, music, and animation
- Discover how logic and algorithms form the basis of programs
- Create a game that can be played and shared with friends!
The essential components of a computer are a timeless concept; and knowing how a computer fundamentally works is one step in demystifying the “magic” of technology. In this program, we will:
– Explore the components of a computer and compare the trade-offs between parts and technologies.
– Discover the basics of installing and administering an operating system
– Create a new computer to be used for years to come!